Saturday, February 19, 2011

Beauty and Brains....

Many of us have beauty but no brains and many of us have brains but no beauty. The ones who are blessed with both are very rare. My youngest sister, Katherine-Grace happens to be an 11 year old with this rare attribute of both brains and beauty.


Katherine currently lives with my mom in Jamaica and is now in the 6th grade. I recently received a copy of her report card for last school term and it made me smile from ear to ear. She has always excelled in school but I was really proud of her this time around.

The family has been going through some rough times and in the midst of everything, Katherine still managed to produce good grades. Everyday I feel more privileged to call her my sister not only because she is as cute as a button but the mere fact that she is consistent, goal-oriented, and hardworking.




I have no doubt in my mind that she will continue to produce excellent grades, especially since I reward her for her hard work every time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment