Friday, March 25, 2011

To Diet or Not to Diet....

Since recently I have been realizing changes in my body; very scary changes. I am getting fat! Ever since I were a child I have always eaten whatever and whenever I wanted. I have never paid attention to what I eat nor have I been a fan of the gym, mainly  because I never had issues with weight. Now that I'm in my mid-20's it is inevitable to maintain my weight as my metabolism rate has slowed down. At first I was ignoring these changes but recently decided to re-evaluate my diet and take bettter care of my body.



I drink a lot of juices and sodas and barely any water. Yes I know you guys are saying I'm crazy but water was always a last resort for me. I have however did a complete 180-degrees and now water is always my first choice. I have cut out sodas completely and I'm careful with the juices that I buy. I read the labels very carefully now.


Everyday for lunch I used to eat Pollo Tropical; quarter chicken, yellow rice and balsamic tomatoes. Very yummy but I have also cut it out, well not completely. I have decided to cut out rice and substitute it for a salad. There are some days now that I bring my own lunch to work. I have been doing a lot of chicken caesar salads, salmon with vegetables, and grilled chicken wraps. I can honestly say I do feel the fat slowly melting off my skin and I don't feel as bloated and fatigue as I used to.


I love fruits but hardly have it. I was used to snacking on cheetos or oreos but now I have also cut out these snacks. I prepare a big tupperware of various fruits such as pineapple, watermelon and grapes and bring it to work with me everyday. Every time I get the muches, I reach for my fruits.


Now last but not least, I started going to the gym. Not on my own because I would never be able to tell the purpose of each machine. My friends find it funny because they know I'm not a fan, as I used to watch them workout instead of working out with them. I am loving the elliptical and the treadmill. I'm really busy between juggling work and school but I now make it an effort to workout at least three times per week. I also try to swim for at least an hour per week.


These changes have not been easy especially since this was my lifestyle. I am proud however that my self-discipline is beyond my expectations. Taking better care of my body and eating healthier has never felt this great.....

No comments:

Post a Comment