Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I want it for the price that is listed

On Sunday night I was on amazon.com ordering books for this semester. After completing my order I decided to browse their site since the only thing I ever order from them are books. My little brother recently asked for a Playstation 3 for his birthday and not knowing much about the gaming device I decided to check it out. I was scrolling through looking at different brands but one thing I noticed was that all the prices were pretty similar with the average price being $399.99. I thought to myself that is an awful lot of money to spend on a 14 year old and was about to exit the site when i saw a PS3 listed for $39.99 from Target.

I thought to myself this price must be wrong when compared to the other prices I saw earlier. I sat there and I thought about it and came to the conclusion that if the website said the price is $39.99 then the price is $39.99. So what do you think I did? Of course I placed an order, as a matter of fact I ordered 2 PS3s. I was so excited because I thought I was getting a GREAT deal!!

My order was a total of $111.35 and I made sure to print my invoice just in case there were any discrepancies. Now my order is complete and is on its way to be shipped but the following day I received an email from Amazon customer service stating that they just now realized that the product had a mismatched price which was displayed incorrectly and that they are unable to offer the items. My order was however canceled. Hmmmm okkayyyy I thought to myself but correct me if I'm wrong. If a customer walks into a store and sees a product listed for a certain price but when they get to the cashier they are told another price but goes back with the cashier and shows her where they saw the product and what it was listed for even if it was a mistake as a consumer you are entitled to the price that was listed. Right or wrong?

That is exactly how I felt about my order....it was listed for that price and I think I should have gotten it for the price listed. I totally understand that we are all humans and that we all make mistakes but as consumers we have rights and rightfully that PS3 should have been sold for the listed price.

No comments:

Post a Comment